Monday, December 21, 2009

Home for the Holidays


Well, I've been back in Portland for a week now and it's been great to be home. Christmas in Portland is just as I remember it when I was little. There are Christmas lights on houses, stockings on fireplaces, and stars on tree tops. My family has got a really big, live Christmas tree up in our house. I was just helping my mom decorate it last night. I've been able to see my grandma, Kitty Jo, as well. We've knit a little bit, but I still have a lot to go on my projects. I've also been able to see most of my family and friends and catch-up with them. (To "catch-up" with someone means to find out what has been happening in the person's life and share what has been happening in your life.) I will be going to a Blazer game on Christmas day with my brother that I'm really excited about. The one complaint that I have is....the rain! It seems that it hasn't stopped raining since I've arrived. The weather forecasters are saying that the rain just might turn to snow tonight....will Portland have a white Christmas? I'll let you know if I'm making any snowmen...until then, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!



3 comments:

  1. Dear Molly,
    Nice , your Oregon neon sign!
    tomorrow is our last day of school. We have had a miserable weather since you left. Today we had to cancel our excursion to the Port des Canonge and we experimented a strange phenomena at school: the change in temperature was so great - from very cold the previous night to mild temperature this morning- that the school looked as if it had been flooded. Students skated on their trainers in the corridor downstairs and the central stairway had to be closed as it was so slippery that it was really too dangerous.It seemed we had moved to the tropics for a few hours. So humid, you wouldn't believe it!
    Excursions and paintball sessions were cancelled, so when you come back you might want to join us. We have uploaded the students versions of the 12 days of Christmas and we had fun dramatizing a short traditional Majorcan tale.
    Well, Molly, we all missed you and wish you a Merry Christmas with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Molly! How are you?
    I'm Jilin a student from 1esoE. Today is our last day of school and we had a solidarity flea market.
    We all missed you and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
    See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Molly.
    I'm Peptoni from 1 eso e.
    I hope your holidays are going well? There much snow in Portland? I hope Santa Claus brings you lots of Presents. Memorys from Palma. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete