Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch!

Fall is here and as we put away our flip-flops and short-sleeves, say goodbye to the summer warmth and begin to prepare ourselves for colder weather, I am reminded of one of my most favorite American traditions. While it's not unusual to dread the yearly transition of summer into fall there's one thing that, since my childhood, has always made me look forward to the month of October with excited anticipation...Halloween and all the fun traditions that go along with it!

My very favorite: The Pumpkin Patch.

Around this time every year, thousands of Americans head to the pumpkin patch to pick their very own pumpkin. Walking along the pumpkin farm (referred to as a pumpkin "patch"), everyone searches for the perfect pumpkin to take home with them. It can be big or small, round or oddly-shaped, bright orange or even green--it all depends on what you want!






2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,
    I've never heard of such a practice here in Palma, but pumpkins are certainly part of Majorcan dishes.
    I love your first post. Congratulations! I'm sure students will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Molly,
    Welcome to this "web-fever" we have this year, I am sure we will all enjoy this site.

    By the way, your teaching today was A+. Students and teachers learn from you.
    Sonsoles

    ReplyDelete